The Velvet Escape Travel Blog is a digital destination that provides locals, visitors and armchair travelers like you with the information they need to plan their next trip. The content is divided into destination guides, travel itineraries, hotel reviews and tours reviews.
The Velvet Escape is a travel blog written by Karyn, a Canadian expat living in the Netherlands. The blog focuses on slow travel and covers a wide range of topics related to sustainable tourism, responsible travel, and cultural exchange.
Karyn started the blog in 2009 as a way to share her love of travel with others. Since then, she has used the platform to inspire others to explore the world in new and different ways. In addition to writing about her own experiences, Karyn also provides tips and advice on responsible travel, sustainable tourism, and cultural exchange.
The Velvet Escape is more than just a travel blog; it’s a community of like-minded individuals who believe in the power of travel to change lives. If you’re looking for an escape from the mundane, this is the place for you!
Why Velvet Escape Travel Blog?
Velvet Escape is not your typical travel blog. It’s more than just a personal blog about our travels. We want to offer an escape from the mundane, everyday life and inspire others to do the same through our stories and photography.
We believe that everyone deserves a chance to experience the world in their own way and at their own pace. That’s why we offer unique perspectives on slow travel, responsible tourism, and sustainable living.
We hope that our articles will help you plan your own escapes, whether it’s a weekend getaway or a round-the-world trip. And we welcome you to share your own experiences and ideas with us too!
Some Recent Posts
If you’re anything like me, the word “travel” probably conjures up visions of sandy beaches, palm trees and Mai Tais. And while I do enjoy a good beach vacation (who doesn’t?), there’s so much more to travel than that. velvetescape.com is a blog about slow travel and responsible tourism. It’s about getting to know a place by immersing yourself in its culture, history and people.
I started blogging in 2007 as a way to keep friends and family up-to-date with my travels around Europe. But Velvet Escape has since evolved into much more than just a personal travelogue. These days, the site is packed with tips, advice and resources on slow travel, Responsible Tourism and sustainable living. So whether you’re looking for information on how to make your travels more sustainable or simply want some inspiration for your next trip, you’ll find it here at Velvet Escape.
Destination Guide: Bali
The island of Bali is located in the westernmost end of the Lesser Sunda Islands, which is located off the coast of Indonesia. It’s one of their 33 provinces with the provincial capital at Denpasar. Bali is Indonesia’s main tourist destination, which has seen a significant increase in tourism since the 1980s.
The island is home to an estimated 4.22 million people, making it one of Indonesia’s most populous islands, while being one of its smallest by land area at 5,780 km2 (2,230 sq mi). 87% of the population on Bali are Hindu Balinese people, who live in an organized village system that centers around Balinese temples. The remainder 13% consists mostly of immigrants from other parts of Indonesia or foreign countries such as Australia and China.
Most visitors to Bali arrive through Ngurah Rai International Airport near Denpasar in southern Bali or via cruise ship at either Benoa Harbour or Padang Bai Harbour on the east coast. Visitors usually head first to Kuta Beach where they can enjoy surfing and sunbathing or Ubud for arts and culture before exploring further afield. Other popular destinations include Seminyak for upscale dining and shopping, Nusa Dua for luxury resorts, and Tanah Lot for its iconic seaside temple.
Policy of Velvet Escape Travel Blog
The Velvet Escape travel blog is all about slow, sustainable and independent travel. We believe that responsible tourism can be a force for good in the world, and we want to promote this through our writing.
We are firm believers in the power of travel to change lives, and we hope that our blog can inspire others to get out there and explore the world for themselves. We believe that everyone has the right to escape the mundanity of everyday life, and that travel can be a hugely enriching experience.
We want to show people that it is possible to travel slowly, sustainably and independently – without sacrificing comfort or style. We believe that sustainable tourism is the future of travel, and we want to help lead the way in promoting it.
If you have any questions or comments about Velvet Escape, please do not hesitate to contact us. We would love to hear from you!