If you are looking for an interesting read on the latest lifestyle trends, then look no further than Oh Hey an Austin based lifestyle blog by Corrin Foster. From local insights on national issues to personal anecdotes and experiences, this blog has something for everyone looking to get a better understanding of life in the heart of Texas.
The best coffee shops in Austin
If you’re a coffee lover, you’ll be happy to know that there are plenty of great coffee shops in Austin to choose from. Here are just a few of our favorites:
Cuvee Coffee Bar:
This popular spot is known for its excellent coffee and friendly atmosphere.
This local favorite serves up delicious coffee and pastries in a beautiful setting.
Another great option for coffee lovers, Houndstooth offers both espresso drinks and pour over coffees.
-Fleet Coffee Co.: This mobile coffee shop is perfect for those on the go. They serve up excellent coffee from a vintage Airstream trailer.
So whether you’re looking for a great cup of joe or just a cozy place to relax, be sure to check out one of these amazing coffee shops next time you’re in Austin!
The worst places to live in Austin
If you’re thinking about moving to Austin, you might want to reconsider. While Austin is a great city overall, there are definitely some places that are less desirable to live in than others. Here are the worst places to live in Austin:
- East Riverside: This area is known for being one of the most dangerous parts of town. It’s also home to a lot of low-income housing and crime is rampant.
- North Lamar: Another dangerous area of town, North Lamar is also known for being very dirty and having a high crime rate.
- Mueller: Mueller is a newer development in Austin, but it’s already not looking too great. It’s been plagued by crime and violence, and many residents have complained about the noise levels and lack of parking.
- South Congress: While South Congress can be a fun place to visit, it’s not somewhere you want to live. It’s dirty, dangerous, and there’s often a lot of traffic congestion.
- West Campus: West Campus is college central, which means it’s always noisy and crowded. It’s also not the safest place to be, especially at night.
Why living in Austin is the best, even if you are broke
If you’re broke but still want to enjoy all that Austin has to offer, don’t worry – there are plenty of ways to do so! Here are just a few reasons why living in Austin is the best, even if you are broke:
- The food scene. No matter what your budget is, you can find amazing food in Austin. From food trucks to upscale restaurants, there’s something for everyone.
- The music scene. Austin is known as the Live Music Capital of the World for a reason – there are live music venues everywhere, and many of them are free or very inexpensive to visit.
- The outdoor activities. From hiking and swimming to biking and kayaking, there are plenty of ways to enjoy the great outdoors in Austin – and most of them are free or very low-cost.
- The festivals. Austin is home to some of the biggest and best festivals in the country, including South by Southwest (SXSW), ACL Festival, and Fun Fun Fun Fest. And while tickets to some of these events can be pricey, there are often free events happening as well.
- The people. One of the best things about living in Austin is the people – they’re friendly, welcoming, and always up for a good time.
5 things you should never do in Austin
- Don’t skip breakfast at one of Austin’s many amazing brunch spots.
- Don’t miss a chance to explore one of Austin’s many green spaces.
- Don’t forget to catch a show at one of Austin’s iconic live music venues.
- Don’t pass up the opportunity to try some of Austin’s delicious food trucks.
- And finally, don’t forget to have fun and enjoy all that Austin has to offer!
What destinations are essential to visit while visiting Austin
There are so many things to do in Austin, but if you’re only visiting for a short time, there are a few essential places you should definitely check out. First on the list is the State Capitol. This historic building is the perfect place to start your Austin adventure. Next, head to South Congress Avenue, where you’ll find some of the best shopping, dining, and entertainment in the city. Then, no trip to Austin would be complete without a visit to one of its many beautiful parks, such as Zilker Park or Barton Springs Pool. And finally, be sure to experience some of the live music that Austin is famous for by checking out a show at one of the many venues downtown.